Man City £40m offer for Mateo Kovacic will be accepted – Sources
Chelsea will demand between £30-40million for Man City target Mateo Kovacic in the summer window, sources have told Football Insider.
The Blues midfielder, 29, is entering the final year of his contract at Stamford Bridge – and the Londoners could be forced to cash in as they look to trim the squad and balance the books in the off-season.
Football Insider revealed on Wednesday (10 May) that Man City are ready to turn their full attention to signing Kovacic after a blow in their pursuit of Jude Bellingham.
Reports in the last week have suggested, Bellingham, 19, is close to completing a move to Real Madrid despite prolonged interest from Premier League giants.
Well-placed sources have told Football Insider that Pep Guardiola is a “big fan” of Kovacic as he looks to expand his midfield ranks in the off-season.
This site revealed on Tuesday (9 May) that Man City have made “huge” cash available for two midfield signings in the summer window.
Kovacic has notched two goals and two assists in 35 appearances across all competitions this season.
However, the £100,000-a-week star has managed just 16 Premier League starts in the 2022-23 campaign – with injuries and new signings limiting his Chelsea involvement.
The Croatia international has won four Champions League titles, one La Liga title and one Europa League title during a trophy-laden career.
Football Insider revealed last month (2 April) that ex-Chelsea boss Thomas Tuchel is pushing Bayern Munich to sign Kovacic in the off-season.
In other news, Man City 28-year-old tells agents to find him a new club.